The Child Protection Policy of St John the Baptist Parish, Clontarf Road, Dublin 3 has been devised in accordance with the guidelines of the Dublin Archdiocese and current best practice.
The Archdiocese of Dublin recognises and upholds the dignity and rights of all children, is committed to ensuring their safety and well being and will work in partnership with parents/guardians to do this. The Archdiocese recognises each child as a gift from God, and values and encourages the participation of children in all activities that enhance their spiritual, physical, emotional, intellectual and social development. All diocesan personnel (including clergy, religious, staff and volunteers) have a responsibility to safeguard children through promoting their welfare, health and development in a safe and caring environment that supports their best interests and prevents abuse.
- Child Safeguarding Document 2018. Click Here
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults 2019. Click Here
- Safeguarding Guidance for the use of online audio and web conferencing platforms including Zoom, with Parents/Guardians and children in a parish/diocesan setting. Click Here
- Safeguarding Guidelines for the use of Zoom with teenagers in a parish/diocesan setting. Click Here
Parish Child Safeguarding and Protection Representatives: Katherine and Monica, Contactable via the Parish Office, 018334606
Useful Contact Details:
- Dublin Diocesan Designated Liaison Person: Andrew Fagan, 01 8360314
- Deputy Designated Liaison Person and Child Protection Officer: Deirdre Donnelly, 01 8360314
- TUSLA Office: 018566856
- Clontarf Garda Station: 016664800
- Towards Healing: 1800303416
- Childline: 1800666666
- Victim Support Co-Ordinator: 018360314
For further information, visit the website of the Child Safeguarding and Protection Service of the Archdiocese of Dublin: www.csps.dublindiocese.ie